There is no new reading for Tuesday, 10/28. Instead, I am asking you to review one of the text we have already read, and be prepared to TEACH us in class. You will be the expert in the room as we continue to build our knowledge maps of theory and practice.
1) Reread the text you are assigned below.
2) Pull 5 quotes that you think are significant to the main idea(s) of the article.
3) Review other people's blogs from that text, and pull 5 quotes/pics/videos from different blogs that help you explain the main ideas. (If your text wasn't a blog assignment, do a little google search on the text/author and see what you can find!)
4) Review class notes from that text.
5) Create a blog post on your blog that summarize the main idea, and includes the 5 quotes and 5 blog connections.
Johnson: We must learn to say the words
Delpit: Rules and Codes of Power
Mike, Ashley, Anthony, Emily, Branden, Cindy,
Kozol: Racism and poverty are systemic problems, not individual ones
McIntosh: Whiteness as an invisible privilege
Rodriguez: Sacrificing private identity for public identity
Collier: Honor students’ first language skills
Lindsey, Karissa, Nathali, Megan, Jessica
Christensen: Students need to find real ways to “talk back” and take action against oppression
Safe Spaces: How is difference "expected, explored and embraced?"
Kahne and Westheimer: SL as charity or change